Sunday 5 October 2014

The Top Dog Fight

          We all have heard the saying-‘Dogs are man’s best friends’. But do you think they are friendly with their own kind? One day, my brother, Mihir and I went to play cricket. On our way to the playground, Mihir saw a pet dog running with his master. The dog’s name was Max. He was strongly built and white with a small feather-like tail and brown eyes. Mihir pleaded to me to let him touch Max with his hands. I allowed him and we both went towards the dog. Now was the time to take permission from Max’s master to let Mihir touch him. Then Mihir became shy and tugged at me to take the permission. I rolled my eyes and took his permission. Mihir touched him and said that his fur felt like velvet. Then he patted his head. Woof! Bark! Growl! Grrr! Max suddenly became angry and started barking at him. Mihir jumped and crashed right into me, terrified. The master stroked Max’s body and told Mihir that dogs don’t like strangers patting their heads. Max was staring furiously at Mihir when another dog came with his master. His name was Bruno. He also was strongly built but was black in colour. On seeing Max, Bruno suddenly became angry and broke into a sprint. He barged into Max and caught him off guard. Max became surprised and bit Bruno in return. Teeth, nails, tongues, paws, all were seen in the fight of the dogs. Mihir and I were watching this fight, absolutely stunned when a dog ran straight towards me. I had to jump to avoid being rammed by Bruno. Each wanted to show the other that who was top dog. After about half a minute, the masters of Bruno and Max, struggling, finally got their dogs under control. Running, jumping, scratching, biting, this fight sure must’ve been painful, but none seemed hurt. Well, I guess they may say that dogs are man’s best friends but it seems they are not friends of their own kind.
-         Manas Trivedi
 
 

1 comment: