Friday 10 October 2014

Stress Faced By Students

          In today’s competitive world, students face a huge amount of stress. According to my experience as a student of the 21st century, I believe there are mainly four types of stresses a student has to face.

          The first one is examinations. As we all know, exams are the one of the biggest fears of a student. All things which are taught throughout the year are tested within a few hours of exams. Students not only have the tension before exams but also after the exams before the results are displayed. They have the fear of failing.

          The second main stress is homework. I have to write these long journals for homework. And I’m not a very punctual guy. I postpone my work to the last day. But I believe in completion of work on time. So basically I freak out when I have to do a ton of homework within a couple of hours. In this way, homeworks can become nightmares.

          The third one is tuition. Tuitions horribly mess up the daily routine of a student. Along with the school homework, which I’ve mentioned, there is this tuition homework which the students have to do. This greatly increases the load on them. I have seen my classmates doing their tuition homework while the teacher was teaching in the class. And I wish my brother good luck, who is going to join his tuitions in a few days.

           And last, but not the least, peer pressure. A student’s friends may ask him/her to change his or her behaviour or attitude to suit them. They pressurize him/her to do what they say to be accepted. But when the student refuses, social isolation takes place. He/she is completely isolated by his/her friends. In these cases, the consequences can be dire. Students commit suicide in some cases.

           These are the main reasons, I believe, are responsible for the stress on them. And these are perhaps the main reasons for student suicides all around the world. I hope parents read this and understand the feelings of their school-going children.

-         Manas Trivedi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment